BÀI TẬP VIẾT LẠI CÂU
BÀI TẬP VIẾT LẠI CÂU. Ngoài phần lý thuyết, nhà trường sẽ kèm theo bài tập để củng cố kiến thức cho các em.
Complete the following test:
(1-3). Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
|1. a. author||b. ethnic||c. health||d. gather|
|2. a. flew||b. drew||c. knew||d. grew|
|3. a. celebrate||b. capture||c. conserve||d. comprise|
|4. a. writer||b. teacher||c. builder||d. career|
|5. a. company||b. atmosphere||c. customer||d. employment|
- GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY:
(6-20). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
|a. on||b. for||c. to||d. with|
7. They will finish the work_______ time.
|a. on||b. over||c. in||d. out|
8. The design and material used for men were different___ __those used for women.
|a. at||b. from||c. with||d. in|
9. We have to start early______ we won’t be late.
|a. so that||b. because||c. although||d. otherwise|
10. Will you buy an electric car when they_______ available?
|a. become||b. became||c. are becoming||d. will become|
11. Everybody must take part in________ deforestation.
|a. protecting||b. preserving||c. controlling||d. preventing|
12. Neil Armstrong,________ first walked in the moon, lived in the USA.
|a. who||b. that||c. whom||d. whose|
13. Baird produced the first TV picture in 1926,_________ ?
|a. didn’t he||b. wasn’t he||c. doesn’t he||d. hasn’t he|
|a. frequently wore||b. was frequently wore||c. worn frequently||d. was frequently worn|
a. may b. can c. should d. need
a. speak b. spoke c. can speak d. would speak
a. watch b. to watch c. watching d. watches
a. too kind b. so kind c. kind enough d. as kind
a. lived nearer b. live near c. lived near d. live nearer
a. That’s right b. Of course c. You’re welcome d. Is it OK
(21-25). Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
21. Should I (A) be out when you call, just leave (B) a message with (C) my assistant? (D)
22. If I have many (A) homework (B) to do, I will not be (C) able to attend (D) the meeting.
23. When I arrived (A) home, my father was reading (B) the newspaper and (C) my mother watched (D) TV.
24. Most of (A) their farm (B) work used to do (C) by hand (D).
25. In the (A) United States, Mother’s (B) Day is celebrated (C) on second (D) Sunday in May.
(26-30). Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence.
26. It was completely_______because of poor planning, (fail)
27. Reduce means not buying products which are_______. (package)
28. We find the rice-cooking contest________. (interest)
29. The main source of income for most newspapers is_______ advertising, (commerce)
30. Computers were a wonderful_______at the time, (invent)
(31-38). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
|31. a. attend||b. present||c. visit||d. leave|
|32. a. private||b. preparatory||c. secondary||d. nursery|
|33. a. free||b. compulsory||c. regular||d. important|
|34. a. ends||b. finishes||c. lasts||d. passes|
|35. a. some||b. none||c. not||
36. a. this
37. a. in
38. a. Nature
(39-43). Read the passage below and then decided whether the statements that follow are True or False.
Lunar New Year, or Tet, is Vietnam’s main holiday. It is the biggest and the most important occasion in the year which falls sometime between 19th January and 20 February on the Western calendar.
- Tet or Lunar New Year holiday is the most important celebration for Vietnamese people.
- Tet is always on 20th February on the Western calendar.
- Nowadays, Tet lasts longer than it used to be.
- According to the text, “lucky money” is given to everyone at Tet.
- Tet is a great occasion of joy and of entertainment.
(44-46). Choose the best sentence (a, b, c or d) made from the given cues.
- cars/ fast and comfortable/ than/ motorcycles//
a. Cars are faster and more comfortable than motorcycles.
b. Cars are more fast and comfortable than motorcycles are.
c. Cars are faster and comfortable than motorcycles are.
d. Cars are fast and comfortable than motorcycles.’
- how/ spend/ homework?//
a. How much time you spend on doing your homework?
b. How long do you spend to do your homework?
c. How much time do you spend on doing your homework?
d. How do you spend your time in your homework?
- The children/ enjoy/ take/ Dam Sen Water Park//
a. The children enjoy taking to Dam Sen Water Park.
b. The children enjoy to take to Dam Sen Water Park.
c. The children enjoy being taken to Dam Sen Water Park.
d. The children enjoy to be taken to Dam Sen Water Park.
(47-50). Rewrite the sentences so that they are nearest in meaning to the sentence printed before them.
- Please don’t play your music so loudly.
Would you mind________________________________________________ ?
- Let’s go camping tomorrow.
Why don’t_____________________________________________________ ?
- Children shouldn’t swim in this pool because it is too deep.
This pool is not_________________________________________________
- The house is really beautiful!
- Chúc các em luôn học tốt và đạt kết quả cao!