GRADE 9 – UNIT 8 – LANGUAGE FOCUS (THEORY)
GRADE 9 – UNIT 8 – LANGUAGE FOCUS (THEORY). Trong chương trình giảng dạy tiếng Anh trực tuyến ngày hôm nay, chúng ta sẽ học mệnh đề quan hệ (Relative clauses) và mệnh đề trạng ngữ chỉ sự nhượng bộ (Adverb clauses of concession). Nếu các em muốn biết cách sử dụng các điểm ngữ pháp này, chúng ta hãy xem video ở dưới nhé.
- Xem video bài giảng lý thuyết GRADE 9 – UNIT 8 – LANGUAGE FOCUS (THEORY)
I. Fill in the blank with relative pronouns or relative adverbs, where necessary.
- Let me see all the letters…..you have written.
- The teacher with….we studied last year no longer teaches in our school.
- They showed me the hospital……buildings had been destroyed by US bombings.
- We saw many soldiers and tanks…..were moving to the front.
- Love,…..is a wonderful, comes to everyone at some time in his life.
- Freedom is something for……millions have given their lives.
- The really happy people are those ……enjoy their daily work.
- We must find a time……we can meet and a place…..we can talk.
- It was the nurse…….told me to come in.
- It is easy to find faults in people……we dislike.
II. Use relative pronouns or adverbs to join each pair of sentences below.
- The professor is excellent. I am taking his course.→
- I saw a lot of people and horses. They went to the market. →
- I recently went back to Paris. I was born there nearly 50 years ago.→
- Do you know the music? It is being played on the radio.→
- You didn’t tell us the reason. We have to cut down our daily expenses for that reason.→
- The day was rainy. She left on that day.→
- One of the elephants had only one tusk. We saw these elephants at the zoo.→
- This is Mrs. Jones. Her son won the championship last year.→
- Is this the style of hair? Your wife wants to have it.→
- Max isn’t at home yet. That worries me.→
III. Reduce relative clauses in these sentences.
- Do you know the woman who is coming towards us?
- I come from a city that is located in the southern part of the country.
- The children who attend that school receive a good education.
- The fence which surrounds our house is made of wood.
- Be sure to follow the instructions that are given at the top of the page.
- They live in the house that was built in 1890.
- The papers that are on the table belong to Patrica.
- The man who is talking to the policeman is my uncle.
- The number of students who have been counted is quite high.
- George is the man who was chosen to represent the committee at the convention.
IV. Replace the underlined clauses by an infinitive or infinitive phrase.
- I don’t like him playing in the street. I wish we had a garden that he could play in.
- He simply loves parties. He is always the first who comes and the last who leaves.
- The last person who leaves the room must turn off the lights.
- The first man who was interviewed was entirely unsuitable.
- I’ve got a bottle of wine but I haven’t got anything that I could open with it.
V. Find a mistake from the underlined parts in each sentence then correct it.
- This is my brother, who’s wife is French.
- The Post Office, that is a retail company in the United Kingdom; formerly part of the postal service Royal Mail, became a separate entity in 1981.
- At that time, all commercial centers are very crowded with people who comes to buy food and things to prepare for Tet.
- Our polluted environment which is the result of the overusing of resources and destroying the wild.
- Energy being the power from sources such as electricity and coal that makes machines work or provides heat.
- A dam is a wall building across a river to stop the river’s flow and collect the water.
- Nuclear power stations are costly which to build but they efficiently produce large amounts of electricity without polluting the atmosphere.
- We all know which the world’s energy resources are limited.
- This is the gun with that the murder was committed.
- Are you usually the first guest coming to a party?
VI. Choose the best option (a, b, c, or d) to complete each sentence.
- Hy vọng qua bài dạy sẽ giúp các em có thể ôn tập tốt. Các em có thắc mắc gì hay muốn đi sâu vào thì hãy để lại comment ở Fanpage – Youtube hay Website của trường.Thầy sẽ giải đáp những thắc mắc của các em. Chúc các em học tốt và đạt được nhiều kết cả cao trong kỳ thi sắp tới. Thân ái chào tạm biệt các e, hẹn gặp lại các em trong những video bài giảng tiếp theo.
- Học sinh bấm đăng ký và theo dõi kênh youtube của Trường để xem những bài giảng khác nhé!
- Thông tin đăng ký nhập học trường THCS và THPT Ngọc Viễn Đông
“NGỌC VIỄN ĐÔNG - MỖI HỌC SINH MỘT VIÊN NGỌC”