PASSIVE VOICE EXERCISES
STUDENTS CAN ENTER THIS LINK PASSIVE VOICE TO FOLLOW THE LESSON
Xem Video lý thuyết tại: PASSIVE VOICE
EXERCISE 1: CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER.
- The longest fish in the contest was eighteen inches long”.
“It_____ by Thelma Rivers”.
- was catching b. caught c. was caught d. catch
- “I heard you decided to take up tennis”.
“Yes, I have_____ every day”.
- been played b. been playing c. playing d. play
- “Are we about to have dinner?”.
“Yes, it _____ in the dinning room”.
- is serving b. serves c. is being served d. served
- “Why is Stanley in jail?” “He_____ of robbery”.
- has been convicted b. has been convicting c. has convicted d. convicted
- “Where are Jack and Jan?” “They_____ the boxes you asked for into the house”.
- have been bringing b. bringing c. have been brought d. to bring
- “Where’s the old chicken coop?”
EXERCISE 1 (cont.)
“It_____ by a windstorm last year”.
- destroy b. is destroyed c. was destroyed d. destroyed
- “We’re still looking for Thomas”.
“Hasn’t he_____ yet?”.
- been found b. to find c. found d. being found
- “Whatever happened t that fortune – teller?”
“I don’t know. She _____ around her in a long time”.
- hasn’t seen b. didn’t see c. hasn’t been seeing d. hasn’t been seen
- “Diana is a wonderful ballet dancer”.
“She_____ since she was four”.
- has been dancing b. has been danced c. is dancing d. was danced
- “What a beautiful dress you’re wearing!”
“Thank you. It_____ especially for me by a French tailor”.
- is made b. has made c. made d. was made
- “Those eggs of different colors are very artistic”.
“Yes, they_____ in Russia”.
- were painted b. were paint c. were painting d. painted
- “Homer is in jail for smoking marijuana”.
“He_____ that it was against the law”.
- is telling b. was told c. old d. tells
- “The maintenance people didn’t remove the chairs from the ballroom”.
“Don’t worry. They _____ them before the dance begins”.
- will have been moved b. will have moved c. were moved d. moved
- Gold_____ in California in the nineteenth century.
- was discovered b. has been discovered c. was discover d. they discovered
- _____ that military spending is extremely high.
- We are felt b. It feels c. It is felt d. We feel that it is
- All planes_____ before departure.
- will checked b. will has checked c. will be checked d. will been checked
- I wanted_____ by the head of the company, but it was impossible.
- to see b. to be seen c. seeing d. being to see
- Katherine_____ at Bob’s house every night this week.
- has been eaten b. has eating c. is being eating d. has been eating
- “Where did you get these old dresses?”.
“We_____ them in the old trunk”.
- were found b. finding c. found d. have been found
- “What happened to the old mail carrier?”
“He_____ to a new neighborhood to work”.
- has sent b. was send c. was sent d. sent
EXERCISE 2: CHANGE THE SENTENCES INTO PASSIVE VOICE.
- Tam learns English everyday.
- Mr.Pike bought a new car yesterday.
- Tam is reading a book now.
- They can’t make tea with cold water.
- The chief engineer was instructing all the workers of the plant.
- Somebody has taken some of my book away.
- They will hold the meeting before the may day.
- They have to repair the engine of the car
- The boys broke the window and took away some pictures.
- People spend a lot of money on advertising everyday.